By Xinming Li, bostonese.com
Boston, Sept. 9, 2017, — The 7th Asian American Day celebrations were held successfully in Boston Common today from 10 AM to 4 PM. Over 30,000 people showed up for this day-long celebration of devise Asian cultures and enjoyed a beautiful day by watching performances and even a parade of over 20 cultural organizations in the common, led by Chinese Young Professionals Networking(CYPN).
(L to R)Joe Li, Michelle Wu, Pingping, Ye Huang, President of Board AAAB, and Lucy Liu pose for a picture (provided by Joe Li).
Michelle Wu, President of Boston City Council, presented an official resolution from Boston City Council to Asian American Association of Boston(AAAB), declaring the second Saturday in September as Asian American Day in Boston. Gov. Baker also signed a proclamation that declares the second Saturday in September as Asian American Day in Massachusetts.
About 30 food vendors feed the crowd with delicious Asian foods, and 80 boothes from local business and cultural instituitions. Long lines were formed at many food vendors during lunch time.
David Bai, executive board member of AAAB, thanked members of the organizing committee, sponsors, volunteers, partners and the support from local communities for the huge success of the 7th Asian American Day. “On behalf of the Organizing Committee, I would like to express my deep gratitude to every individual and team who have made contributions to this event. History will record this memorable moment! See you on Sept. 30 at the Asian American Day concert in Lexington,” said Mr. Bai.
List of organizations joining the parade:
1. Chinese Young Professionals Networking
2. Golden Dragon Dancing Troupe
3. Boston Chinese Drum Troupe
4. Boston Therapeutical Dance Association
5. Joy Dance Troupe
6. Boston Chinese Folk Dance Group
7. Boston Fairy Dance Group
8. Grace Dance
9. Sharon Chinese Language School
10. Boston Nankai & Tianda Alumni Joint Dragon Boating Team
11. World Qipao Association Boston
12. Traditional Qipao Troupe
13. Student Corp
14. Boston Chinese Musicians Association
15. North American Maple Drama Boston Club
16. Boston Beijing Association
17. Guangzhou Association of Boston
18. Guangzhou United Association of U.S.A.
19. New England Region Guangxi Fellow Association
20. Guangzhou Baihua Performing Arts Troupe
21. US Career Pass
Please check out pictures more pictures from today’s event below (photo credit: Organizing Committee of 7th Asian American Day, and wanjiaweb.com).