Welcome Home / 家页 Forums 社区活动 9/21: 圆桌论坛 专家谈亚裔人才培养

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

2013_Shen_Hu
    讲员一沈安平(上图左):教育博士,麻州中小學教育部教育專家。牛顿中文学校前校长和首任董事会会长。大波士顿地区华裔家庭与儿童整体教育积极倡导者和推广者。

演讲标题:“能说会道走天下:亚裔不能成为哑裔”

为什么从整体上来说我们华裔孩子(特别是第一代华裔移民家庭)善于学习,善于考试,善于爬藤。但是在职场上我们的孩子为什么就后劲不足,受人牵制呢?

其中之一的原因就是我们语言工具的掌握和运用能力先天不足,后天缺乏提升。我们的孩子家庭语言环境及亲子之间的交流本来就比较贫乏,同时我们又相对注重孩子的学校学习(特别是理工科学习),对孩子的思维和语言表达能力培养比较忽视。这是我们华人家长首先要自我检讨的一个方面。如果在美国这个多元文化,思维活跃的社会里,我们希望华裔自己的下一代亚裔摆脱哑裔的形象,特别是在职场和政坛上发出自己的声音,我们家长就要从自己做起,坚信能说会道走天下!

讲员二魏毅博士:是哈佛大学的访问学者和资深科学家。他曾任哈佛大学的哈佛

-麻省理工学院数据中心主任和哈佛大学定量社会科学研究院的首席技术总监。他曾建立并主持哈佛大学教职员工社团的”东西交流论坛”,参与组办社区中国文化节,应邀在哈佛大学等地做专题演讲。魏博士有关东西文化探索和比较的文章和有关哈佛大学著名校长及哈佛历史借鉴的文章在国内《书屋》杂志上发表。他的关于品德道德教育的文章在美国有关高教改革的新书里出版,其摘要短文刊登在哈佛教育论坛2013年年会会刊上。魏博士还和同事们一道创办了旨在促进国际学生和学者交流的美国国际学院,并担任首任院长。

演讲标题:展望首位华/亚裔美国总统

Speaker Three Ms. Greer Tan Swiston (談繼欣) is an American born Chinese, who attended American public schools and graduated from MIT. She worked in the high-tech industry for both startups and large established corporations including Fidelity and Merrill Lynch. In 2004, she ran for a public office as the first Asian American candidate to run for the Massachusetts Legislature. In 2007, she was elected as the first Chinese speaking member of the Newton Board of Alderman. Currently she is an active volunteer in the community.

Abstract:

The best of both worlds — what does that mean?  I keep the traditions and values of my parents; and I enjoy the freedoms and opportunities offered in this country.  There is much that we have to offer to our adopted country … that would benefit Americans as well as Chinese because we are Chinese Americans! How do we participate?  How do we become relevant?  How do we lead this country and restore it to the land of opportunity that we came here for?

時間﹕2014年9月21日 星期天晚間 6:45 PM-9:00 PM
    地點﹕大波士頓中華文化協會(GBCCA) 437 Cherry Street, 2nd Floor, West Newton, MA 02465
    主辦﹕GBCCA藝文小集俱乐部
    聯絡:姜琴 617-412-9299 Email: [email protected] 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.