The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and be responsible for the following:
• Carry out independent as well as supervisory research.
• Accountable for experimental design, assay development and data analysis.
• Perform protein purification using manual and automated chromatography systems (AKTA FPLC).
• Conduct protein structure analysis and take initiative in gene-to-structure studies.
• Innovatively identify opportunities in enzyme/protein design based on structure-function relationship analysis.
• Contribute to study and project plans.
• Take on project leader responsibilities when appointed.
The successful candidate must work well within a team and have a track record of working in collaborative environments.
• PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry or an allied discipline with a sound understanding of protein biochemistry, protein crystallization and a working knowledge of molecular biology and enzymology.
• Require hands-on experiences on protein purification, protein analysis and structure characterization.
• Must have demonstrated exceptional capabilities in their education pursuits and associated work/study programs.
• Excellent communication skills and the desire to work within a multidisciplinary team are required.
• The successful candidate must be motivated and creative, have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, and be capable of working independently or in a collaborative setting.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills are highly desirable.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.