Boston — Boston Senior Home Care (BSHC) hosted its Annual Celebration and Fundraiser on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at the elegant and historic Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston. With the holiday season just around the corner, friends and supporters of BSHC enjoyed an evening of fine dining and live music.
From left: Michael Maggiacomo (outgoing BSHC Board President), Linda George (BSHC Executive Director), William and Mary Jane Restuccia (owners of Emily’s Family Foods and platinum sponsors of event), Paul Wong (incoming BSHC Board President), Andrew Brown (BSHC Board Secretary), Sol Sidell (BSHC Board Second Vice President), and Joanne McMahan (BSHC Director of Development and Quality Assurance).
||The goal for the event was to raise $100,000 dollars to increase the number of Supportive Housing programs in the City of Boston. “Thanks to the overwhelming support and generosity of our friends, sponsors, staff, and auction donors, Boston Senior Home Care raised slightly over its $100,000 target!” BSHC stated in a press release. This is quite an achievement given the tough economical times.|
These funds will allow Boston Senior Home Care to develop one new Supportive Housing program this year. The Supportive Housing program provides on-site case management, health and safety checks, and most importantly many opportunities for the building residents to socialize with each other and to feel less alone.
||The evening’s festivities began with a silent auction in the foyer of the hotel’s grand ballroom where guests enjoyed succulent hors d’oeuvres and lively music by Jazz in the Air. Following the silent auction, guests were escorted to the grand ballroom for a special presentation on Boston Senior Home Care’s Supportive Housing program. The evening concluded with an exciting live auction led by Jenny Johnson, Co-Host and Executive Producer of NECN’s “TV Diner with Billy & Jenny.”|
“Thanks to Jenny, our incredibly engaging and entertaining Emcee and Auctioneer, we raised over $20,000 from the auction alone,” said Joanne McMahan, director of development and quality assurance.
Some of the many auction items for Boston Senior Home Care’s Annual Celebration and Fundraiser included:
- Visit to the set of ABC’s Modern Family, round trip airfare for two to and from Boston to Los Angeles, and a signed photograph of the cast.
- Two, on-air TV experiences for six with Billy Costa and Jenny Johnson on New England’s Premier Food as Dining Program. Includes a meet and greet with program hosts and Chef on that week’s show.
- Tickets to Comedy Central’s the Colbert Report and overnight stay at the Maritime Hotel in NYC.
- Lunch with Mayor Thomas M. Menino and three guests at Ruth’s Chris Boston.
- Six month parking pass at the Ritz Carlton Residences in Boston.
- One night stay at the Liberty Hotel and a gift certificate to Scampo restaurant.
- Two tickets to a Boston Celtics game, transportation to and from and dinner in the North End.
- $200 gift certificate for spa services at Bella Sante Spa.
- $200 gift certificate to Hamersley’s Bistro.