Sept. 23, 2013, –Today, the Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Boston released plans for tomorrow’s 2013 Preliminary Municipal Election.
Specimen Ballot – (Chinese) City Council District 2, 3, 6, 7 & 9.
||The top two vote getters for Mayor, top eight vote getters for City Councilor At-Large and the top two vote getters for District City Council will progress to the final Municipal Election on Tuesday, November 5, 2013.
The City of Boston has well over the number of ballots to satisfy each of the more than 365,000 registered voters eligible to participate tomorrow. Of the more than 1,500 election officials that will work tomorrow, more than 400 are fluent in second languages. Boston has a total of 255 precincts at more than 150 polling locations, which will be open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
All precincts will have English/Spanish ballots. English/Chinese and English/Vietnamese ballots will be available in precincts where they are needed. Tomorrow, interpreters will be available to assist voters in Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese dialects), Vietnamese, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean and Russian as well as a number of other languages.
For more information about tomorrow’s election, please visit cityofboston.gov/elections.
Reporters are reminded that there are certain rules that must be followed in order to ensure a smooth voting process for voters, as well as their privacy:
- Interviews of voters are not allowed inside polling locations and must be done at least 150 feet from polling locations.
- Interviews with elections officials are not allowed. Interview requests of city officials should be directed through the Press Office: 617-635-4461.
- Photos and b-roll shots will be allowed under the supervision of each poll’s warden.
- Photographers are reminded that zooming in on voter ballots and shots over the shoulders of voters will not be allowed – please respect every voter’s right to a private ballot.
- The following locations for b-roll shots are recommended:
- The Boston Public Library in Copley Square
- Holy Name Parish Hall at 535 West Roxbury Parkway in West Roxbury
- The Tobin Municipal Building at 1481 Tremont St. in Mission Hill
- Orchard Gardens Community Center at 2 Dearborn St. in Roxbury
- The City of Boston Election Department will also be available for b-roll shots starting at 7:30 AM.
- Results will be posted online at cityofboston.gov as results come in after polls close at 8:00 PM.